Product Owner role
Rightly is a rapidly growing, early-stage start up that empowers people to take control of their data. We're looking for a Data Analyst to join our team and help drive our next phase of growth. This is a remote role, but there will be a requirement to attend meetings in London on occasion.
What we do
Rightly’s mission is to make data fairer, for everyone. We believe that what happens to your data should be up to you; it’s your data after all. Our platform makes sure that people are in control of their data and gives them the tools to keep it that way. We are driven by making data better; we have integrity and we are accountable.
Rightly has established product/market fit over the last year for services enabling consumers to use their data rights to save time and money. Our product is now the largest generator of data rights requests in the UK with strong month on month growth. Rightly is taking the learnings from the V1 product and plans to build new, hero services in the areas that have been the most successful to win greater market share and monetise the product. The Product Owner will be a key part of delivering this aim.
The Product Owner will be responsible for the objectives and key results (OKRs) through validation and delivery of the product roadmap.
Key features of the role include:
- Acting as an internal product expert on our in-market product, its features and how it works and operates
- Being able to demonstrate, explain and present this with internal stakeholders
- Owning the documentation and on-going update of product capabilities
- Conducting research with users to influence product decisions
- Conducting desk research on the market, competitors and to aid business cases for roadmap items
- Following the guidance of the Roadmap and with close liaison with the Head of Product and Product Manager, manage the Product backlog including:
- Running the calendarised sprint ceremonies, ensuring Product is bringing the right detail for pre-planning, estimating and planning with the development team
- Proposing ticket and sprint prioritisation
- Building strong relationships with internal business stakeholders to understand their requirements and reflecting these in our user stories
- Writing quality user stories, analysing ‘as is’ current systems, processes and functionality to truly understand the detail
- Assisting other Product Managers in the construction of their tickets
- Working closely with the Designers and Front End Developers early in the process of preparing work to ensure alignment ahead of it moving through the sprint process towards ready status
- Working with the QA to agree and add acceptance criteria to stories, assisting with any questions that arise during testing
- Acting as a first line interface with the Development Team for tickets you own, providing an active role in the mitigation of impediments affecting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Owning the triage, prioritisation and delivery of defects from a product perspective
- Being responsible for product release plans and documentation, setting expectations for the delivery of new functionality
The Product Owner will report to the Head of Product.
Qualifications, skills and experience required
We are more interested in the individual, but we anticipate the ideal candidate would have the following:
- Experience in defining user requirements, stories and acceptance criteria
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to question, influence and provide opinions and professional recommendations in a clear and constructive manner at all levels of the business
- Experience in a Product Owner or similar role
- Experience of working within and practising Agile/Scrum
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Degree or equivalent qualification, or equivalent professional experience
- Product management experience, ideally gained from a direct to consumer service
- Experience using Jira would be an advantage
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours to suit you
- 25 days paid annual holiday in addition to 8 paid public holidays
- A company pension scheme
- Your choice of laptop or Mac
- The opportunity to earn a bonus or additional paid holiday through our Employee Referral Programme
How to apply
Send your CV to and details of your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The fine print
Please note that all roles will be subject to a basic DBS check. Rightly complies fully with the DBS Code of Practice and undertakes to treat all applicants for positions fairly.
Rightly is committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and selects and promotes people solely according to their individual abilities and merits.