Delete your personal data from online clothing retailers like ASOS for free, today.
Stop online fashion websites sharing sensitive information, like your dress size and weight, with advertisers.
Why should I delete my information from online clothes shops like H&M and Amazon?
Whilst there's nothing quite like a cosy online shop to get you excited for upcoming events and the outfits you'll be sporting, online clothing retailers seem to know more about us than we'd like.
From styles you add to your wishlist to the times you access their website, clothing retailers gather valuable and sensitive information about their customers before selling this data to advertisers.
Online fashion retailers like Boohoo and Etsy store personal details such as your dress size, occupation and price range.
Personal data typically gathered by clothing retailers:
- Name, age, email and location
- Credit history and information
- Your interactions with their ‘subsidiaries’
- Search results and links, including paid listings
- Any information you provide via a web form or participate in online community discussions
- Body profile and dress size
- Your estimated price range
- Address and contact details
- Order and search history, browsing data
- Brands and styles you’re interested in
- Any public profile information ‘from external advertising partners’
- Device type and website usage
- Social media if you log in using it
- Weblogs and other communication data
- Your IP address and cookie ID
- Payment details
- Interests, tastes and preferences
- Fitness activity data
A deletion request is a written request that you send to a company asking for them to remove your personal information from their records. It's your right to decide what happens to your data under GDPR law.
How do I delete my personal data from fashion retailers like Nike?
The easiest way to delete your information is by sending a deletion request through Rightly.
- Get started above to select your favourite retailer(s)
- Enter your basic details for identification purposes
- Send your request
They should confirm your data has been deleted within 30 days. Remember, a deletion request demands that they delete all of your data, including your account details.
If you can't find the clothing retailer you're looking for, please contact our customer support team and we’ll add it for you.
What if they don't reply?
What if I’m not sure if they have my data?
You can still ask them. If they don’t have it, they have to let you know.
What if I’ve said they can use it in the past?
If you agreed to an organisation using your data but you’ve changed your mind, don’t worry! You can still ask them to delete your data.
How long until they respond to my request?
Once the retailer has received your request, they'll have 30 days to respond, or give a valid reason as to why they need an extension. If this happens, our support team can help speed up the process!
We’re free because our mission is to make data fairer, for everyone.
We don't use consumer data for commercial purposes, which means we'll never, ever sell your data. It also means that there are no adverts or hidden costs.