Go to page content

Birmingham City Council & GDPR: manage your data

Rightly is a free service that helps you have more control over your data. Find out whether Birmingham City Council has your personal data, and tell them what to do with it.

Start now
Hero image

Birmingham City Council provides the following services:

  • Council tax
  • Waste & recycling
  • Roads, travel & Parking
  • Schools & Learning
  • Benefits & Support
View More

How Rightly works

Sign up

Create your account in minutes

Send your requests

Tell them what to do with your data with your personal data

Manage your responses & data

View your replies and decide your next steps

Sign up to start making data requests

It only takes a few minutes

start now

How sending requests can help

Locate your data

Send a Subject Access Request (SAR)

If you want to know whether Birmingham City Council has your personal data, what they have, and what they’re doing with it, we can help. Send a request to Birmingham City Council via Rightly and quickly find out.

Delete your data

Request to partially or fully delete your data

If you want Birmingham City Council to delete all of your personal data, or only some of it, you can let Birmingham City Council know via Rightly in a deletion request. Birmingham City Council then has 30 days to reply, by law.

Adjust marketing

Change your Birmingham City Council marketing preferences

Want to change how Birmingham City Council communicates with you? You can easily alter your email marketing settings through Rightly, too. Just let Birmingham City Council know in your request.

Rejected applications

Understand why decisions were made

Has Birmingham City Council rejected an application of yours, or made an unfair decision? You can request all of the paperwork relating to how they made that decision through Rightly.

Employment disputes

Tackle an employment dispute with Birmingham City Council

If you are, or have been, an employee of Birmingham City Council, you can send a data access request to view all emails and documents that mention you, as well as your personal files.

Data breaches

Act if there’s a Birmingham City Council data breach

If Birmingham City Council has had a data breach, you can use requests to see if you’ve been affected, and to delete your data to prevent it happening again.


Locate your Birmingham City Council pension

Find out whether you have a pension with Birmingham City Council, as well as its associated details, by sending a subject access request. Our support team is also here to help.

Sign up to start making data requests

It only takes a few minutes

start now

Contact Birmingham City Council

Making a subject access request without Rightly Alternatively you can send a subject access request to Birmingham City Council in writing at the following address:

Corporate Information Management Team
PO Box 16366 Birmingham

Please include your:
Full name
Any previous names
Your address

If you have moved whilst you have had the service we would recommend putting in all your previous addresses for the last 3 years.

Because requests must be in writing, you can’t make one over the phone. However, if you need to contact Birmingham City Council for anything else, their contact number is 0121 303 2590.

You can also read more about how to send a subject access request in our blog.

Caring For Your Data